- 1/4 pound plain chocolate wafers (half a 9 ounce box)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
Using a food processor, crush the cookies until they are crumbs, add the melted butter and process until combined.
Divide the wafer crumbs between 12 greased, mini cheesecake pans with removable bases and press with the back of a teaspoon.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Using an electric mixer, blend the cream cheese. Add the sugar, eggs and vanilla. Whisk until smooth. Pour into the cheesecake pans filling them almost to the top.
Bake for 15 minutes until the centers are firm. Allow to cool.
- 1 (5 ounce) jar Cheri’s Desert Harvest Pomegranate Jelly
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cheri’s Desert Harvest Pomegranate Syrup
- Pomegranate seeds or mint leaves to garnish
Melt the Pomegranate Jelly gently and spoon over the top of the mini cheesecakes. Refrigerate until set.
Whip the cream, powdered sugar and Pomegranate Syrup together until stiff peaks.
Un-mold the cheesecakes and carefully place in paper cupcake papers. Spoon the cream into a piping bag, pipe onto the top of the cheesecake and decorate with fresh pomegranate seeds or mint leaves.
Makes 12 small cheesecakes
Recipe for Cheri’s Desert Harvest
by Judith Baigent-King CCP
Teaching Chef / Culinary Concepts