- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 cup finely chopped zucchini
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 package of Cheri’s Desert Harvest Blue Corn Pancake Mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup Cheri’s Desert Harvest Heavenly Habanero Jelly
- Cilantro leaves to garnish
In a frying pan, melt the butter and sauté the red pepper over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the corn, zucchini and cilantro. Cook for about 5 minutes, add the cream and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Mix the Blue Corn Pancake Mix as directed on the package. Make dollar size mini pancakes (blini).
Mix together the softened cream cheese and the Habanero Jelly.
To assemble, spread each blini with some of the habanero cream cheese, top with a small spoon-full of the corn mixture and garnish with a cilantro sprig. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes about 40 blini
Recipe for Cheri’s Desert Harvest
by Judith Baigent-King CCP
Teaching Chef / Culinary Concepts