Cheri’s Chicken Salad
Serves 2 people
- 1 10oz can of diced tomatoes and green chilies drained.
- 1 cup of Greek Yogurt or mayonnaise
- 1 TBSP of Cheri’s Mesquite Honey
- 1 can of Premium chunk Chicken Breast
- 1 cup of thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup of grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup of green onions or scallions
- 1/3 cup of toasted almonds (or your favorite nut)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Optional: Dash of Cayenne Pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, yogurt or mayonnaise, honey and seasonings.
- Stir in the chicken, celery, grapes, onions and nuts.
- Cover and chill.
- May be served in hollowed-out melons, avocados, papayas or placed on a bed of lettuce.
Recipe by Nancy Casey