Cheri’s Energy Bars
- 2 cups of oats or coarsely chopped cereal
- 3/4 cup roasted unsalted nuts, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup dried fruit, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup Cheri’s Mesquite Honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs, whites only
- 1/2 tsp vanilla or almond extract
- Optional: 1/2 cup of nuts or dried fruit for additional energy boost!
- Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line 9″ by 9″ baking pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Oil and flour the surface. If using an 8″by 8″ pan add 5-10 additional minutes in the oven.
- Mix oats, nuts, fruit, flour and the extra nuts or dried fruit in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine sugar and salt in a small bowl.
- Whisk in egg whites and extract.
- Pour mixture into dry ingredients and stir till combined.
- Pat into the prepared pan and bake until dry to the touch.
- Bake for 45- 60 minutes.
- Cool and cut into bars.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and store in your refrigerator for up to a month.
Don’t forget to take some on your next hike!! Delicious!