Cheri’s Honey Bread Pudding
Serves 6-8 people
- 1 loaf of French or sour dough bread
- 2 1/2 cups of milk
- 2 Tbsp of Cheri’s Desert Blossom Honey
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbsp of orange zest
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put the bread down in the pan in two layers.
- Use an 8″ by 8″ pan.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Pour over the bread and let the bread sit for 10 minutes so it can soak up the egg mixture.
- Make a foil tent and place it over the bread.
- Cut two slits in the foil so that the steam can escape.
- Make sure the foil tent is well sealed.
- Place this pan in a larger pan and pour hot tap water half way up.
- Place into oven for 45 minutes.
- Take the tent off and cook for an additional 40-45 minutes.
- Cool and dust with powdered sugar and decorate with orange slices.
- Serve with Cheri’s Desert Blossom Honey poured on top if desired.
Recipe by Nancy Casey