From Chef Kristine Jensen of Cafe Botanica at the Tucson Botanical Gardens
Makes 40 truffles
1 11-14 cup food processor
1/4 oz scoop
2 cookie sheets
9×13 (approx.) shallow baking pan
2 sheets parchment paper
1 quart sauce pan
large bowl for mixing
2 gallon plastic sealing bags
6 1/2 ounces high-quality unsweetened chocolate, chopped
7 oz high-quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped
5 oz jar Cheri’s Margarita Marmalade
2 oz tequila
11 oz heavy cream
1. Place the cream in the sauce pan and bring to a boil.
2. Meanwhile, place the chocolate in the food processor and process into tiny crumbs.
3. Place the margarita marmalade on top of the chocolate in the processor, and begin
processing. Add half the hot cream through the top, then add the tequila and finish with the
remaining hot cream. Process until it is smooth and creamy.
4. Place in the pan and chill for at least 6 hours.
About 4 Tbsp. Unsweetened Cocoa for dusting
1. Using the 1/4 oz scoop, place scoops of the chocolate on the cookie sheets. Don’t worry about
how they look. Use all the filling.
2. Using gloves, roll the scooped chocolate into little balls.
3. Chill for about 15-30 minutes.
4. Place in the plastic bags (1/2 in each bag). Sprinkle the cocoa over the truffles and toss in the
bag. Bring to room-temperature before serving.