Baked Brie with Jalapeno Jelly
Preparation time to make this dish takes about 30 minutes or less, but looks like you spent a lot more time on it for your special guests.
- 1 large sheet of puff pastry dough
- 1 round of Brie Cheese (do not remove rind)
- Cheri’s Jalapeno Jelly
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 egg and 1 Tbsp water. Set aside
- On a cutting board, lightly dust with flour. Lay out the puff pastry; roll dough out to about a 14” square. Place brie on top.
- Spread jelly on top of brie, fold dough over top using touches of egg mixture to hold dough together. Cut off the excess dough.
- Roll excess dough together and cut into desired shapes for the occasion – wedding bells, Easter eggs, seasonal or holiday shapes. Use egg mixture to hold the shapes in place.
- With large spatula, carefully transfer pastry and brie to a non-stick cookie sheet.
- Lightly brush egg mixture on pastry.
- Bake in center of oven at 350 (325 for convection oven) for 25 – 30 minutes, pastry should be golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Serve with crackers and apple slices.