Baked Brie with Jalapeno Jelly
Preparation time to make this dish takes about 30 minutes or less, but looks like you spent a lot more time on it for your special guests.
- 1 large sheet of puff pastry dough
- 1 round of Brie Cheese (do not remove rind)
- Cheri’s Jalapeno Jelly
- 1 egg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together 1 egg and 1 Tbsp water. Set aside
3. On a cutting board, lightly dust with flour. Lay out the puff pastry; roll dough out to about a 14” square. Place brie on top.
4. Spread jelly on top of brie, fold dough over top using touches of egg mixture to hold dough together. Cut off the excess dough.
5. Roll excess dough together and cut into desired shapes for the occasion – wedding bells, Easter eggs, seasonal or holiday shapes. Use egg mixture to hold the shapes in place.
6. With large spatula, carefully transfer pastry and brie to a non-stick cookie sheet.
7. Lightly brush egg mixture on pastry.
8. Bake in center of oven at 350 (325 for convection oven) for 25 – 30 minutes, pastry should be golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Serve with crackers and apple slices.