- 1 – 8 ounce package cream cheese (softened)
- 4 ounces Cheri’s Heavenly Habanero Jelly
Blend all ingredients together. Refrigerate for up to two weeks. Serve with tortilla chips or wheat thin crackers.
Or, spread cream cheese on a cracker or melba toast and place a small dollop of jelly on top.
- 1 lb of fresh Tiger Shrimp
- 1 tsp of butter or olive oil
- Grill Tiger Shrimp until pink on both sides in a teaspoon of butter or olive oil.
- Put the shrimp on a plate and sprinkle them with lemon juice and salt.
- 4 Tbsp’s of Cheri’s Habanero Chile Jelly (whisked)
- 2 Tbsp’s of Olive Oil
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
There are two different ways to add a “surprise!” to this recipe. You can experience two different flavor profiles by adding our Jalapeño Jelly or Green Chili Pepper Jelly depending on what you are in the mood for.
Place grated cheese on top of tortilla and top with jelly. Broil in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve immediately.
As an option, place strips of mild green chiles on top of the grated cheese like the spokes of a wheel. Top with jelly and broil.
Preparation time to make this dish takes about 30 minutes or less, but looks like you spent a lot more time on it for your special guests.
- 1 large sheet of puff pastry dough
- 1 round of Brie Cheese (do not remove rind)
- Cheri’s Jalapeno Jelly
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 egg and 1 Tbsp water. Set aside
- On a cutting board, lightly dust with flour. Lay out the puff pastry; roll dough out to about a 14” square. Place brie on top.
- Spread jelly on top of brie, fold dough over top using touches of egg mixture to hold dough together. Cut off the excess dough.
- Roll excess dough together and cut into desired shapes for the occasion – wedding bells, Easter eggs, seasonal or holiday shapes. Use egg mixture to hold the shapes in place.
- With large spatula, carefully transfer pastry and brie to a non-stick cookie sheet.
- Lightly brush egg mixture on pastry.
- Bake in center of oven at 350 (325 for convection oven) for 25 – 30 minutes, pastry should be golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Serve with crackers and apple slices.
- ½ cup of Cheri’s Jalapeno Pepper Jelly
- 2 cups of sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp of fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp of minced fresh Cilantro (optional)
- ½ cup of finely chopped green onion
- ¼ tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of pepper flakes (more if you like it hot)
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl.
- Garnish with a little green onion, cilantro, and chili flakes
- Serve with: Your favorite corn tortilla chips
Makes 1 Cup:
- Pinch black pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- ½ cup Mesquite Honey
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Whisk all ingredients together. Serve with shrimp, chicken wings, fresh or fried vegetables, or bread sticks.
- 2 Tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp Cheri’s Mesquite Honey
- 1 tsp of Kosher Salt or regular salt
- 1/2 tsp of ground pepper
- 2 cups of Greek Yogurt
- Juice and Zest from two limes
- 1 small head of red cabbage, finely shredded
- 6 scallions or green onions, chopped
- 2 cups of seedless red grapes, or green grapes if you prefer, cut in half
- To make the dressing, whisk the vinegar, mustard, Mesquite Honey, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add in the yogurt, and lime juice.
- Add the cabbage, scallions, and grapes to the bowl and toss to coat with the dressing.
- Sprinklethe lime zest over the top.
- Refrigerate for 1-4 hours before serving.
Recipe by Nancy Casey
- Crisp flatbread, crackers, or cooked thin-crust pizza dough
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup Cheri’s Desert Harvest Pomegranate Jelly
- 1 ounce (1/4 cup) blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 bosc pear, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 teaspoon pomegranate balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- small pinch salt
- Cracked black pepper
Combine ricotta cheese, pomegranate jelly, and blue cheese. Spread a thin layer over the top of the flatbread. Top with the arugula, a pear slice, and some pomegranate seeds. Whisk together the vinegar, oil, and salt, drizzles over the top, sprinkle with a little cracked pepper.
Serves 8 pizza-size slices or 16 small appetizers.
Recipe by Judith Baigent-King CCP
Teaching Chef / Culinary Concepts